1999 Grand Am Hard to Start

My wife's 1999 Grand Am [6 cy, SE] is having problems starting after the #3 fuel injector was replaced...this is an intermittent problem.

She can start it in the morning normally, but when on the road, and stopping sometimes it is hard to stop, and sometimes not. It doesn't matter how long she drives, sometimes just a few minutes, sometimes longer.

We feel that the mechanic that replaced the fuel injector is reputable, and have taken the car back for him to check..first he did find some wires loose, but the problem is still there. He wants us to leave the car until he finds the problem, but that could be weeks. He said he consulted with GM on the initial replacement, especially the pressurizing of the fuel rail.

Is there any suggestions? Thanks

Reply to
davmast