1999 grand am races after stop

Hello gang; My '99 grand am (V6) has recently been idling funny after take off from a stop sign. The rpm's increase to around 2000 without even hitting the gas from a dead stop. This same effect happens sometimes when in park ~2000 rpm (when up to normal temperature). It does not do this everytime but often enough to have me concerned. I actually took it in to the dealer and they could not find anything wrong with it when hooked up to the computer. No check engine light ever comes on. I thought maybe the throttle valve was stuck open so I cleaned that with some carb cleaner but made no change. Oh and there is no obstruction by the pedal (e.g. floor mat). Any ideas?? Corey

Reply to
bigred

Shep