2.4l 98 Grand Am Sounding Like a Diesel for a few seconds to Minutes

When I first start up the car it sounds like a diesel until I give it a little gas..

At first I thought maybe the lifters or something were starting to get noisy, but it isn't temperature related.. IT can be cold as hell and not do it one day but do it the next..

IT can be warm and do it or not..

It goes away as soon as I give it a nice amount of gas...

It seams like it take more gas recently to make the sound go away...

Once it goes away it sounds normal..

Any Ideas?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeffrae

When was the fuel filter changed? Tune up? Air filter? Need this info b4 posting.

Reply to
Mike

Fuel Filter About 10K ago at 30K miles Ail filter.. about 2 Monthes ago.. Tuneup Same time as fuel filter...

Thanks, J

Mike wrote:

Reply to
Jeffrae