2000 bonneville power windows not working

Tried searching forum, but no hits on this. Anyone know about the wiring to the driver side door control panel? Drivers side windows do not work. Passengers side does. Drivers switch can work the passengers side, front and back. Neither windows on the driver side work. I find it hard to believe both regulators have gone bad. Power door locks do work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Bill

I bet water dripped in and got the switch wet for the two buttons on the right side.

Check the switch.

Harryface

05 Park Avenue, 34,114 91 Bonneville LE 305,610
Reply to
Harry Face

Might be, but the power door lock, and remote mirror control switch still work. They are next to the switches in question. I have not removed the switch assembly, as I am good at breaking the cover bezel. Was hoping for some info on wiring connections.

Saw a good post earlier that had a links to an Autozone page. Almost what I was looking for, but it only showed info on the other three door controls, not the driver assembly.

Reply to
Bill

Your power windows are somewhat complex. See the description below. Your driver's door module (DDM) may have bought the farm. Also see the diagnostic procedure further down.

Document ID# 533315

2000 Pontiac Bonneville

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Power Windows Operation

Power Windows The vehicle is equipped with power windows controlled by the door modules. The DDM receives a window switch request, over the SBI serial data, from either the passenger door module wired to the window switch pressed or from the driver door switch assembly. The DDM checks the Class 2 serial data to see if the status information is correct (i.e. ignition switch position) to permit window operation.

If the status information to permit window operation is correct, the DDM sends the command to the door module controlling the window to move the window as requested.

Windows Power and Ground The windows are powered by discreet power and ground circuits. These circuits are in the same dedicated connector as the window motor drive circuits.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Power Windows Inoperative from Driver Door Switch Step Action Yes No

DEFINITION: This test assumes that all DTCs have been diagnosed.

1 Did you perform the Door Systems Diagnostic System Check? Go to Step 2 Go to Diagnostic System Check - Door Systems

2 Install a scan tool. Turn ON the ignition leaving the engine OFF. Observe the power Window Switch parameters in the Driver Door Module data display, Inputs data, using the scan tool. Activate each passenger door power window switch. Do all parameters change to the up, down, and for the front window, the express states? Go to Step 3 Go to Power Windows Inoperative - One

3 Inspect for poor connections/terminal tension at the door module and driver door switch assembly harness connectors. Refer to Testing for Intermittent and Poor Connections and Connector Repairs in Wiring Systems.

Did you find and correct the condition? Go to Step 5 Go to Step 4

4 Replace the driver door switch assembly. Refer to Front Door Switch Replacement .

Did you complete the replacement? Go to Step 5 --

5 Operate the system in order to verify the repair.

Did you correct the condition? System OK Go to Step 2

Reply to
Silver Surfer

So much for just switches. I really do not trust car dealers to work on my cars, all seem like salesmen.. Used car salesmen. Looks like I have no choice on this one. Thanks for the info. Interesting stuff..

Bill

I noticed today, if ignition switch is on, and no other noises, if I move drivers side window switch, I can hear a click noise. As if the motor is bad. What are the odds of two window motors going bad?

Reply to
Bill

Can't give you the odds of both motors but when the drivers side window in my wife's 98 Grand Prix GT went bad after it was just 2 years old, someone at the dealership told me it was a very common problem. Fortunately we haven't lost a window motor since then. I probably shouldn't have said that, you know what going to happen next.

Reply to
BR549

replying to Bill, Chazzei1 wrote: Hello Bill, did you ever get the issue with your drivers window problem? thanks in advance for your reply, Charlie ..760-264-57 one 6

Reply to
Chazzei1