2000 Gran Prix Climate Control

My vehicle has a dual control climate control system and the conditioned air that is emitted from the driver's vents is substantially warmer than that
out of the passenger vents when both controls are set for the same temperature in dual mode or when set by the driver's control in non-dual mode.
The air-mix control door motor on the driver's side appears to be rotating through it's full range as the temperature setting is moved from the low to the high extreme positions. (This being observed by watching the rotation of the motor shaft moving between the two extreme index markings)
Does this system use two expansion valves whereby the two separate evaporators may be operating at different temperatures?
The system worked properly prior to a failure of the a/c compressor but has displayed the problem described above ever since the new compressor unit was installed. I have also noticed the outside temperature indicator intermittently shows a much lower reading than the real outside temperature. However, the problem described above exists when the outside temp reading is at/near the correct outside temperature.
Any suggestions you have on isolating this problem will be greatly appreciated.
Ray Hardy
@comcast.net says...

No. It just blends air from the heater core and the evap in the air box for one side or the other.
The temp blend doors are controled by solid state motors which from what I recall are attatched to the doors with bent threaded rods with plastic threaded connectors. Its possible one slipped or stripped and isnt pushing the door all the way.
They may have damaged the wire for the outside temp sensor when installing the compressor. Its located near the air damn usually.
Thanks for the info Bon'ne'ville. I will remove the driver side motor and manually move the blend door to see if that's the problem. I'll also check the wiring to the outside temp sensor.
Ray
I need to find that sensor, too. I was expecting it to be somewhere on/in the cowl. My GTP reads "random" exterior air temps most of the time... it works about 10% of the time.