2000 GRAND AM GT Fan Speeds on Blower motor

We took our 2000 Grand Am in for some major work at the dealership. We thought that while it was in we could get something else fixed.

The fan speeds on the heater or A/C do not work on #1 or #2 settings. I thought the problem should be with the switch. Dealership tells us we need new blower!!! Somehow I dont believe this as the blower works perfectly at the higher speeds. No noise or vibrating.

Needless to say that for now I told them to forget it!

Can anyone tell me how to access the switch so I can check it for myself. If faulty where can one buy a replacement besides the dealership?

Thanks Steve

Reply to
wally

The odds are very low that the switch is at fault. The odds are very high that the blower motor resistor or the blower motor itself is at fault. Could also be the hvac module. However, if you want to check it, take the front dash cover off and you will see how the switch assembly comes out.

Reply to
PAuL