2000 Grand Prix - ABS & TCS OFF lights on

Hi,

Have a 2000 Grand Prix GTP which all of a sudden started doing the following:

After the vehicle is driven approximately 5 miles the ABS light and the TCS OFF light come on at the SAME time. There are no obvious problems with how the vehicle runs.

I took it to the local mechanic but he did not have the correct chip for his diagnostic thingy. Anyone got any ideas before I reluctantly take it to a Pontiac dealer?

Cheers,

Don

Reply to
Donald Gares

Shep

When mine did that, it was the ABS sensor which is part of the hub assembly.

Jay S

Reply to
Jay S

I assume that there are four (4) of the sensors, correct? The ABS chip for the scanners seems to be quite scarce our here in the "sticks".

Don

Reply to
IGot2P

There's a sensor on each hub assembly. So ya, 4 in total. GM decided to make the sensor a part of the hub assembly, so you have to replace the whole thing. There's couple other things to check. Check for a burnt fuse in the fuse panel. I'm not sure, but I think there's an ABS fuse there. There's also a fuse under the hood (#28 I think) that is for the ABS/Traction control. Maybe you're lucky and it's just the fuse.

I've also knocked a front sensor connector off it's clip by washing the wheels with a brush. After the wash, the ABS light came on. I took a quick look and noticed the wire hanging down between the wheel spokes.

Jay S

Reply to
Jay S

Jay, you were correct, it was the left front hub.

Thanks a bunch,

Don

Reply to
Donald Gares