2000 Grand Prix GTP Park Brake Adjustment

Hi all! I need to tighten up the parking brake on my GTP. Anybody here with any advice? I haven't looked at it much, have installed fresh pads all the way around. I'm very mech inclined with equipment, just wondering if any knew a step by step. Thanx in advance!!!

Matz

Reply to
Matz ; }-~

Document ID# 585179

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix

Park Brake Shoe Adjustment Tools Required J 21177-A Drum-to-Brake Shoe Clearance Gage Remove the rear caliper bracket. Refer to Brake Caliper Bracket Replacement - Rear in Disc Brakes. Remove the rotor. Refer to Brake Rotor Replacement - Rear in Disc Brakes. Loosen the adjusting nut on the parking brake cable until the lever is at the rest position. Refer to Park Brake Cable Service/Adjustment .

Set the J 21177-A so that the J 21177-A contacts the inside diameter of the rotor(1).

Position the J 21177-A over the shoe and lining (1) at the widest point. Turn the adjuster nut until the lining just contacts the J 21177-A . Repeat steps two through five for the opposite side. Adjust the adjusting nut on the rear parking brake cable. Refer to Park Brake Cable Service/Adjustment .

Tighten the parking brake cable adjusting nut. Refer to Park Brake Cable Service/Adjustment . Install the rear rotor. Refer to Brake Rotor Replacement - Rear in Disc Brakes. Install the rear caliper bracket. Refer to Brake Caliper Bracket Replacement - Rear in Disc Brakes.

Reply to
Silver Surfer

Heya Silver Surfer! Thanks for the rapid response! Sounds like it is purely an issue of pad to rotor clearance with a simple adjustment. Thanx again!

Matz

Reply to
Matz ; }-~