2000 Pontiac SSEi stumbles and misfires?

Hi guys I have a 200 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi which was running perfect before I parked it on my front lawn and went on my holidays for 2 weeks, I had to park it there because my driveway was filled with fill. When I came back and started it it had a noticeable stumble upon acceleration and a loss of power, it is even more noticeable when I corner right or left then it really bogs down. I put some methyl hydrate and injector cleaner in the new tank of gas to see if it was moisture in the tank maybe, but this had no effect. Any ideas? could it need a new fuel filter? is there a small one on the engine maybe. Any help would be welcome. Also another unrelated problem :-) after coming back from Vegas with 4 adults in the car plus luggage the rear of the car is a lot higher now than it should be, it looks like a hot car and the suspension pump keeps regulating it to that height, ideas? some sensor busted I'm sure someplace. Thanks Les.

Reply to
Leslie Cox

What's the mileage and have you ever changed the fuel filter?

Lee

'00 SSEi

Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter

Hi Lee it has about 80,00 miles on it and I have had it for roughly a year and never changed the fuel filter yet thanks for your help.

Reply to
Leslie Cox

Well, I would guess the obvious and say either fuel filter or injectors. It seems odd that injectors could go bad that quickly without prior problems. There's always the possibility that something was put in your fuel tank while you were away if it was accessible outside. Although it's a pain for radio station settings and so forth, you could disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and go back to the original factory default computer settings. There's an outside chance this could help with the second problem you mention.

Lee

Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter

Thanks for your help Lee I'll disconnect the battery and change the filter and see what happens and let you know. Best Regards to you and yours Les.

Reply to
Leslie Cox

Do you have a habbit of driving around on fumes? AKA less than 1/4 of a tank?

Sounds kinda like a failing fuel pump.

The fuel filter is a 30k mile item.

The rear load level sensor is attatched to the suspension arm, left rear (2000 & up). Sometimes it gets detatched.

Reply to
Bon·ne·vil

Hi Guys Well I finally figured out what the hell was wrong with my car, this I hope may help other 2000 Pontiac SSEi owners to help prevent their houses catching on fire if they park the car in the garage. The reason the car was stumbling and misfiring was caused by a little plastic pipe connected to the underside of the supercharger where it could get nice and hot and eventually after a number of years get brittle and crack and leak fuel onto the hot manifold and catch fire. I came out of my local coffee shop, started the engine and then saw the smoke, had to use my morning coffee and a lot more cups of water to put out the fire. I have since learned that this is an all to common fault with these supercharged V6's of this and later years, I was sent an article from a website

that may help shed some light on it. oh yes thanks for the tip regarding the battery disconnection, it fixed the rear suspension, took itself a week to come down again :-) Best Regards Les.

"Bon·ne·ville" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@news-server.woh.rr.com...

Reply to
Leslie Cox