2000 Pontiac Sunfire Help

I'm brand new to this forum and am posting like crazy, thanks for the help!!!

My 2000 Sunfire has 92K miles on it and I have kept up with oil changes and I had the transmission fluid changed. Considering the mileage on the car what should I be looking to work on(i.e. preventative maint)

Thanks again!!!

Reply to
Bill

Spark Plugs, spark plug wires, fuel filter, air filter, PCV valve. That's about all I can think of at the moment. Welcome to the group!

Reply to
80 Knight

Did you flush out the Dex-Cool coolant yet? That should have been done in 2005. Read the sticker under the hood. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Reply to
Bill

Find a shop that has a coolant flush machine and have them use regular green stuff. That's what my shop does, and what I did to my 2002 Blazer this month.

Dex-Cool is > I haven't done that yet, but I was reading online that alot of GM car owners

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Thanks but I don't know about cars and the manufacturer said I didn't need to maintain it for 150K miles. So you're saying that it wouldn't harm it to switch this late?

Reply to
Bill

Go read the sticker under the hood. It says 150,000 miles or 5 years, whichever comes first. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh