2000 Sunfire ABS Problem

I have a 2000 Sunfire 2.2L with a recurring problem. Under low speed turning the TractionControl OFF, SERVICE and ABS light come on, stopping the car, turning it off and then on clears the lights as long as the car is driven straight and the wheel is not turned during low speeds. Another symptom/problem occurs when backing up (again under low speeds while turning the wheel - the Enhanced Traction System light comes on briefly and if continuuing to back up the TC OFF, SERVICE and ABS lights come on the same as if driving forward under low speed turns. Preliminary diagnosis seems to point towards the left front ABS wiring harness. A previous problem was correctly solved by this group and I was wondering if any help could be offered in solving this problem. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
JLP

@#@ It sounds like an loose wheel bearing and this means an incorrect clearance between the tone wheel and wheel sensor. It is aggravated when turning. check it out.

Rey

Reply to
Reynaud

Pull the wires at the connector that goes to the sensor. You may find one that just pulls right out. This was a very common problem on the J-body cars.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

"shiden_kai" wrote in news:KIVAe.236026$El.210119 @pd7tw1no:

I have already had the left front ABS wiring harness replaced based on the codes that were generated (C1225 & C1232) at the dealership/technician recommendation and that did not seem to fix the problem. A small addendum to the diagnostics: (1) The car can be in part and rotating the wheel L to R/R to L with generate the error. (2) Only in reverse, ie backing the car into a driveway generates an ETC (electronic traction control) error briefly and continuing to turn the wheel to back in will generate the error and will also sometimes stall the car (even though this has not happened to me, but to my wife).

Reply to
JLP