2001 grand am soft brake pedal

Is this an ABS characteristic? The pedal will go toward the floor, but never really get stiff. It's like the brakes need bled.

Reply to
GEORGE S JAYNES

it sounds like air in the system...bleed it and see what happens. check fluid level also

Reply to
Nascar24Rulz

I had that problem on my Chevy. It turned out a brake line was rubbing the ABS modulator mounts. Once it wore through enough and started spurting massive amounts of brake fluid I was able to find it and modify the new line to eliminate the problem.

Sounds like air in the lines though. Start with the farthest wheel from the master cylinder, almost always the right rear, then left rear, right front, left front. Did you have any brake work done recently at a garage? If so, let them do it.

Jay

website URL: members.aol.com/orphantrainlocos/index.html All the world's a stage - and everybody's a critic.

Reply to
JCunington