2001 Montana

I've never owned a van before. I open up the hood look around and wonder how I'm ever going to change the back three spark plugs?? lol! Is there something I'm missing here or am I putting it up on a hoist and seeing if I can get them from underneath?

Thanks for any helpful tips you can pass my way cause I'll be darned if I got to take it to the dealer to change the feakin plugs.

Reply to
B,Toad

I've got a 2000 Montana. The only way to change the back three plugs is from underneath. I didn't want to do it and the only repair shop that would do it quickly was the dealer. He charged $300 labor and $53.28 parts.

Reply to
29Feb

Reply to
David Norris

Ahh the wonders of 100,000 mile sparkplugs...

Reply to
Paradox

I find its best/safer to replace them every 80k.

Heres how its done when you follow the manual:

------------------------ * Allow the engine to cool before removing the spark plugs. Attempting to remove spark plugs from a hot engine can cause the spark plugs to seize. This can damage the cylinder head threads. * Clean the spark plug recess area before removing the spark plug. Failure to do so can result in engine damage due to dirt or foreign material entering the cylinder head, or in contamination of the cylinder head threads. Contaminated threads may prevent proper seating of the new spark plug. * Use only the spark plugs specified for use in the vehicle. Do not install spark plugs that are either hotter or colder than those specified for the vehicle. Installing spark plugs of another type can severely damage the engine.

  1. Turn OFF the ignition. 2. If you are replacing the engine right bank (rear) spark plugs, perform the following steps: 1. Remove the windshield wiper module cover. Refer to Wiper Motor Cover Replacement in Wipers/Washer System. 2. Rotate the engine for service access. Refer to Rotating the Engine for Service Access in Engine Mechanical.

-------------------- The rest is obvious.

Reply to
Bon·ne·vil

Thank you.