2001 Montana - intake gasket

I understand there may be a problem with the intake gasket on some engines. I have 97,000 km on this engine, and wonder if I should get the intake gasket replaced as preventative maintenance. Any thoughts? About how much does this job cost?

Jim

Reply to
Jim

You'd better check your dealer ASAP...GM has a typical 'hidden recall' on some of those 3400s and their crappy intake gaskets. I doubt they'll do it as preventative maintenance, tho.

Reply to
Mark Keeling

Is this the gasket that sits on top of the block?

My Montana is in the shop today (no heat) and they found that this gasket has cracked and is leaking coolant to the exterior of the engine ($1075 repair job).

What's a 3400 and does any> Jim wrote:

Reply to
Pat Coghlan

No official recalls as far as I know. 3400 is the engine. Take a look at

Craig