2001 Pontiac Grand Am GT

Brake indicator light is on. Brakes work fine and I'm assuming it's an issue with the abs system. Any tips on how to t/s this?

Reply to
Radyckle

Factory security system doesn't always sound horn when arming or pressing panic button. It's like it has a mind of it's own. It will work a few days then it won't for a few days. The lights flash as they're supposed to and the doors lock and unlock correctly. The horn opperates fine from the steering wheel. Any tips on how to t/s this?

Reply to
Radyckle

What brake indicator light? ABS light...or the red light that comes on when you apply the park brake? If it's the red light, the first thing I would check is brake fluid level. As the brake pads wear, the fluid level goes down. There is a low level indicator in the master cylinder, and this will turn on the red light.

If it's the ABS light, the first thing to do is to retrieve whatever code is set and then go from there.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai