2002 Grand AM Temp

I just got a 2002 Grand Am with the 2.2 liter. The engin seems to be running warm 200 to 220. Does any one know if this is normal temp for this car?

Reply to
PLR4evr

"PLR4evr" wrote some drivel.

Yet another talkaboutautos.com twit who can't figure out how to open a service manual, much less know anything about a car before buying it.

Reply to
FBR

Yes, I'm sure someone knows. But you don't.

Reply to
Old And In The Way

PLR4evr, a certified twit, wrote....

Yes, I'm quite certain someone knows. But you don't.

Reply to
Old And In The Way

PLR4evr, a twit, wrote...

Reply to
Old And In The Way

I'm sure that someone knows. Evidently, you don't.

Reply to
Old And In The Way

For what it's worth, my '01 V6 runs at 200 deg F, unless sitting in traffic in the warm weather then it might approach 220.

Newer cars are run a bit hotter - helps with the emissions. SO's Jeep runs normally at 210 deg F.

Cheers Howard

PLR4evr wrote:

Reply to
Weird

iv seen em run that hot in stop and go city traffic, but on the hyway they should be around 195.

ds549