2002 Montana Overheating

My 2002 Montana is overheating , mostly while in idle. We are running the A/C right now and when it starts to run hot I'll turn the heat on a it still blows cold air. Is this results of a bad theromostat. If so can I change it myself?

Reply to
cougar14

Sounds more like you are low on coolant. These engines are notorious for intake gaskets leaking coolant both externally and internally. First thing that I would do is to confirm that your coolant level is where it should be....then check to confirm that your fans are coming on when the A/C is on.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai