2002 SSEI

I now have about 25,000 miles on my 2002 SSEI and am wondering what if any maintenance needs to be performed. Other than oil changes and an air filter change I have not touched the car. All seems to run well except for the steering wheel which pulsates when turning. I typically don't take a car in for service unless something is broke but I've been told the super charger needs an oil change at some point or a melt down will occur. Is this true?

Anyone replace the stock tires with low pro-file tires on the stock chrome rims? What did you use?

Reply to
Lloyd - WB8YKH

"Read" your owners manual, it should give a maintenance schedule. Supercharges shouldnt need to be touched for 80k miles from what I remember. Is there any noise associated with the steering pulses? Is variable effort steering equipped on your car? There are a few service bulletins out for this year car. One involves lubricating the "intermediate steering shaft". That "symtom" you have can be traced to a lot of area's however.

Why would you want to screw up a perfectly good steering and handling geometry?

Reply to
Bon·ne·ville

Ya know, if you do that your speedos gonna be off and your odometer will also be. I think it'll tell you a faster speed then you're going...

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

No noise associated with steering pulses. We'll take the car in under warranty and see what happens... yes, the 2002 SSEI has variable effort steering. Thanks for convincing me get rid of my stock chrome rims if I lower the tire profile. I like the clean looks of low profile tires on cars.

===========

Reply to
Lloyd - WB8YKH

Lloyd, Are you planning to sell those stock chrome rims?

-- markwb

2001 Bonneville SLE
Reply to
markwb

We'll have to wait until we get some more miles on the tires. Once they need replacing and the new rims aren't too pricey then we will sell the stock chrome rims. thanks for asking... Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd - WB8YKH

For supercharge, you don't need to change the oil. In fact, I don't think you can change the oil unless you physically remove the supercharge off the intake. There is a screw (allen key) behind the pulley that you can open to check for oil level (check when cold or engine has stopped for at least 10 min). I have supercharge on my car. Never had to do anything with it!

Reply to
GM