2003 Pontiac Grand AM GT Wheel Problems

Hi all,

I have a 2003 Grand AM GT, with the Chrometec wheel package...Basically, plastic chrome wheel covers with a clear coat finish over them...The clear coat has broke in places, thus the wheels are now pitted pretty bad...I have taken the car to the local GM dealer, they told me "normal wear and tear, not warranty"...Called GM Canada, they agreed with the dealer of course...Told me it was because of salt and debris on the roads...Well, since I live on the East Coast of Canada, how do I avoid those things...If these wheels are not suitable for our environment here, they should not offer them, is what I told the GM folks...

Has anyone else had problems with these wheels?...GM told me they have never had other complaints before...I find that impossible to believe with the amount of these cars on the road...

Thanks for your time,

Reply to
Millie

The center caps on my aunts 99 LeSabre with aluminum wheels are turning yellow.

I even saw brand new cars on Buick lot about three years ago that had wheel cover & center cap discoloration.

Not sure what you can do about it.

Good Luck

Harryface =D8=BF=D8

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 302,676 miles
Reply to
Harry Face