2004 gramd am fuel filter........

How often should it be changed? My fuel pump died at 55,000 km and was told the fuel filter caused it. The dealer said it should be changed every 25,000 Km. The owners manual says nothing about this. Anyone?........andy j.

Reply to
jomuam

good rule of thumb to use is every two or three of years, but I doubt, unless you buy really bad gas the fuel filter will need to be changed every

Reply to
Les Benn

There is no scheduled maintenance interval for the fuel filter. It will normally last the life of the vehicle. It is highly unlikely that the filter caused your pump failure. The more likely causes are heat and moisture. Pumps normally last 120,000 miles plus, so yours died a very early death.

Reply to
Dipstick