2004 Gran Prix

There's your problem cupcake, Netscape and Outlook Express suck when it comes to anything besides a web page viewer. Get a 3rd party newsgroup reader IF you can't find anything made for Apple ...............................

Reply to
Dennis Smith

Why? Netscape 4.76 works very well, and IS made for my Apple. I meant that it wasn't made BY Apple. You appear to have me confused with someone who was having trouble with their machine. GW

Dennis Smith wrote: There's your problem cupcake, Netscape and Outlook Express suck when it comes to anything besides a web page viewer. Get a 3rd party newsgroup reader IF you can't find anything made for Apple ...............................

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Geoff Welsh wrote : No Moron ( referring to Dennis Smith ).

Dennis Smith Wrote: There's your problem cupcake ( referring to Geoff Welsh ).

How cute ! They have pet names for one another.

HHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~260,600 miles_~_~~_
Reply to
Harry Face

ROFLMAO!

GW: Oh moron I adore you so! DS: And I adore you too cupcake!

*horrible smooching noises*

Awww god the mental imagery is killing me!

Nick.

Reply to
Nick Trounson

I like to read the posts in the order that they are posted. Sorting by thread seems silly to me. GW

Dennis Smith wrote:

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

GW wrote I like to read the posts in order they are posted.

Its all about " Numbers " with GW.

LOL

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~261,000 miles_~_~~_
Reply to
Harry Face

You could be right.

When I ran Win95 I could open as many occurrences of Navigator 3.04 Gold as I wanted with no problem. With WinMe more than four of the same Netscape version often causes a total system lockup.

I'm a bit more suspicious of the OS than the browser.

-just my two cents-

Reply to
TJ 727

It is generally unwise to make such a blanket statement. Especially by someone that seems so respected by this newsgroup.

There is no problems running AMD CPU's with Win2K that I am aware of, and I have quite a few Win2K AS boxes with both Athlon and P4 CPUs. AFAIK they are fully supported by Microsoft and even display the proper CPU ID now.

Reply to
NoOne

I'll be brash and make a statement on this: Of all the people who bitch about Windows' bluescreens a good percentage of them run AMD processors. I for one have seen the perils, but I also know damn well its the addon crap that most people layer on their Windows installs that can do it.

I used to have a K6-2/300. So did my friend. For some reason his machine (with a respectable Gigabyte motherboard too I might add!) ran slower, and had far more system lockups on an identical Win98 install. My machine however ran like a dream and never locked up. Only time I ever witnessed it lock was after running for a month solid, and it turned out to be my processor fan (system overheat!).

So you COULD say its AMDs processors, frankly I don't like them that much having built up a number of boxes based on both Intels and AMDs and always having a better experience with the Intels, but its equally the operating system. Microsoft's OSs allow software to perform many operations that other OSs wouldn't DREAM of allowing. So poorly written shareware that seems prevolent among users now (especially those who buy PC magazines and use the CDs!) can be a real killer.

Nick.

Reply to
Nick Trounson

Reply to
Bonnevilles R Kewl

Still happy to report that my four year old Apple G3 OS 8.6 runs flawlessly. Sorry you guys need to switch parts and OS's and software constantly only to find that things still don't work.

Now take it to news:alt.ibmclones.suck

GW

B> I've had 3 amd chips and 2 amd motherboards and had bluescreens o-plenty

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Geoff, I spent ALL NIGHT last night trying to diagnose what the hell

00007FFF means as a goddamned error message at boot time.

What is this stupid Apple trying to tell me?! A Mac with its tongue poking out with 0000000F 00007FFF below it, is NOT very freaking informative! At least when a PC is failing at that point it'll say for example (40) Hard Disk failure!

Nick.

Reply to
Nick Trounson

I have only had 1 CPU fail me since 1986 and it was an Intel PII 550Mhz.

I understand the uncertainty some may have based off old K class processors (other then the 386 class) But I really have had no problems with the new XP class. My entire companies file serving is done off a XP2200+ running Win2K AS, and my SQL server is dual P4 Xeon 2.4Ghz running NT4 for now.

This thread is WAY off topic anyway, so I'll retire from it.

Someone answer my post about my broken DIC. It's no fun having a broken DIC.

Reply to
NoOne

No clue bro. Try here:

GW

Nick Trouns> Geoff, I spent ALL NIGHT last night trying to diagnose what the hell

Reply to
Geoff Welsh