2004 Grand Am Scraping Noise at Low Speed

Hello,

My 2004 Grand Am SE1 V6 has been producing a repetitive scraping noise at very slow speeds (15 mph and below). This noise can be heard regardless of braking pressure and while no brake pressure is applied at all.

Braking is smooth and there is no vibration. Pad thickness is fine on the front (I haven't opened up the drums in the rear to take a look yet). When coasting at slow speeds and listening to the noise, there is little to no variance in the speed of the vehicle in relation to the repetitive scraping.

Since the noise is heard even when no brake pressure is applied and the noise doesn't vary at all when the brakes are applied, I don't really suspect the brakes primarily.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks! Jason

Reply to
Jason