2004 Grand Prix GT2 Shifts at VERY high RPM.

I don't know if this is a problem or not, but when I put the peddle to the floor (all the way), the engine does not shift until it reaches about 5500 RPM, which is right where the yellow line starts. Is this normal? Is this dangerous?

If this is not normal, what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

My car:

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT2 1,500 miles stock
Reply to
TEG

Sounds normal.

Reply to
hyundaitech

My 94 does the same thing. If you are worried, keep your foot outta the floor, and save some gas for the rest of us :)

Reply to
clevere

Sounds normal. With the pedal to the floor any auto tranny should shift just before reline.

Reply to
Dennis Smith