2004 GTO // Holden Monaro

I wish to God GM would ditch that GTO tag for this car, it is not a Pontiac, it is a Holden Monaro, and that's is what it should be called. GM has done the car no favours calling it Pontiac GTO, it is far superior to anything that ever wore that badge. Coming soon (in Oz at least) an AWD Monaro, the prototype featured at the Sydney Motor Show last October, it is done by HSV and is an absolute dream (try 0-100 Kmh in 6.6 seconds, on gravel). As far as the styling is concerned, take the GTO tag away and everyone would love it, but call it a GTO and all anybody in the US wants to know is why it doesn't shout out "LOOK AT ME !!!"

Reply to
Rod Keys

I have a new GTO Monaro and you are right. It handles like a dream and is quick as hell but it is nothing like a GTO of the old days. I had a 1965 GTO and it was twice as big but not as quick. Most Americans like me think it looks like a Saturn or some other tiny econobox. I do have to say it is very well built and is a real Hot Rod. I go over 300 pounds and 6 ft 1 inch and other then having a squeeze getting in, I am very comfortable once in. Plenty of leg room and Belly room.

Dave Carr

Reply to
Dave Carr