2004 Pontiac Grand AM SE... Pulsing hummm?

Hello -

I recently purcahsed a 2004 Grand AM SE. CarFax was clean and the car was a a great deal. I have one question/complaint... Seems at 5mph and above there is a pulsing hum that is coming form the car. This is not felt, but heard. The faster I go the faster the puls becomes. It reminds me if a Flex-fan on a chevy truck from the late 80's. It seems to be more related to the fan or tires and not the engine. Am I just crazy or is this a known sound with the Grand AM and I am good to ignore it? I have heard that the Grand AM is known for odd noises.

Thoughts?

Reply to
jmyers06

if the car is in park and u rev the engine, do you hear the sound?

Reply to
bud659

nope in park, reving the engine does not produce the sound. Seems only moving straight forward, not turning as much and above 10 mph or so...

Reply to
jmyers06

Try checking your tires, I used to drive a company truck years ago that had a blister on an inside sidewall that gave a pulsing thrum while going down the road.

Reply to
john graesser