2004 Sunfire ecotec L61 / Getrag F23

Hello Question for the group.

I'm looking into a 2004 Sunfire coupe.

Is the ecotec L61 and Getrag F23 the same from the 2003 model year, or have they been upgraded/improved.

Some owners had noisy transmissions, buzzing clutch pedals, and creaky engine mounts. I know about the buzzing clutch pedals and creaky mounts because I test drove one, (but didn't buy) a couple months ago. There are a few 2003's left, I'll wait for the 2004's if I can get a better car. Have any of these problems been eliminated for 2004???

Also how's the fuel ecomomy on the 2004's. I heard some ecotec owners complain about lousy fuel economy. The Canadian GM website does not have a value for this.

Any comments appreciated

Walt

Reply to
Walt

Really? I have an Ecotec, and I've been getting pretty much dead on with the fuel economy posted on the sticker, and sometimes I do even better with prolonged highway driving. I'm in an '02 Pontiac Grand Am.

Reply to
Isaiah Beard