2004 Sunfire's Alarm Chirping

nobody replied first time so maybe they will see it this time....

hey... my friend asked me to post this on here... she has had the car since june.... lately she said that like she will hit the lock button on the remote and then press it again to make sure and the horn will chirp... but like in the past 2 weeks or so it has started like acting weird... when you press it the 2nd time the horn will chirp every second... and it wont stop, so she has to hit the panic button and then hit it again to make it stop..... now she just hits it once but she said its a habit to hit the lock button two times and honk the horn... but it will chirp constantly.... so any ideas on if it may of been something shes done or maybe a bad connectino or what.......

Reply to
Heath Darwin

I'm not familiar with factory alarms, but I used to have an aftermarket that did that same type of thing when for instance, a door wasn't shut all the way, or the dome light was on, that type of thing. I doubt myself that in two weeks she wouldn't have noticed something like that. But she could simply look in the manual or call the dealership to find out what it's trying to tell her. I don't believe it's a bad connection, but rather that it's indicating something is wrong.

Tony

Reply to
Tony V.

Is your car a coupe or sedan? Coupe

.. its the BRAND new body style on pontiacs site whatever that is

as i said before this is a friends car so shes telling me what to post lol

Reply to
Heath Darwin