2005 Vibe has no armrest

After test driving the 2005 Vibe, I was very impressed with the car.

Compared to the 2004, it has only a small console (like the Corolla CE) and no armrest.

The dealer offered to sell me an armrest for $250 plus $75 per hour installation.

Does anyone know how I can get it for less?

TIA

Reply to
Moodfoul

if you're purchasing a 2005 make the armrest part of the deal..... or it's no deal.

Reply to
DA .

Have you not heard of this is what I want or I don't buy! Try it, you will like it.

Reply to
Jan

Is this the base model you looked at?

I saw some today at Pontiac but I didn't notice it didn't have an armrest. I did notice the very high shift lever in the center of the dash.

I did notice every damn Vibe I've seen has a black ( or is it Graphite ) interior.

I remeber in 91 I wanted to buy the storage armrest for my car & install it my self. The unit was not sold as a whole unit, it was made up of 12 seperate pieces that totaled over $500.00

  1. Top Cover ( Cloth ).
  2. Cover Latch Assembly.
  3. Armrest Box ( Cloth ).
  4. Hinge.
  5. Four Hinge Screws.
  6. Bracket.
  7. Color Coded Bracket Cover.
  8. 3 - Bracket Holddown Bolts.
  9. 2 - Pivot Bolts.
  10. 2 - Nylon Spacers.
  11. Coin Holder.
  12. Flip Out Cup Holder.

The man at the parts counter began adding up the costs of the padded cover, the box and the hinge and it was up to $300.00

He asked me if I wanted him to keep going. I said No. I'll wait a few years and get one in the the junkyark for $5.00 - and I did.

Very expensive to add things to the car if there not there.to begin with.

Funny thing was the Storage Armrest was included in a $125.00 Interior Upgrade that offered a different style cloth pattern on the seats & doorpanels.

How they can charge $500 through the parts department for something that cost so little if you order it on the car at the time of purchase is beyond me.

Anybody you know handy with wood , foam & cloth? Maybe they could make you an armrest.

Good Luck.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~286,095 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face