2008 Pontiac G8 Pics

I think the front end sucks with all the slots, holes and splits. Like I always says GM needs to start firing people in the styling department. The grill and backend is still even using the old honeycomb plastics leftover from the 1980s.

Reply to
Buddy Luv

Very nice. Don't like the rims, but the rest of the car looks awesome, IMHO.

Reply to
80 Knight

A four door GTO. I was wondering when they would do that.

Reply to
« Paul »

From what I read somewhere the G8 that is making the ronds of the Auto Shows won't be the production model at the showrooms. It won't have the big pimpin wheels & two tone interior.

I think the honeycomb grille look is alright.

harryface

Reply to
Harry Face

GM just doesnt get it..the public told them once that they don't want a foreign made performance car with an American name plate when they tried to push the Holden GTO on us. Now they are trying to force feed us another Holden called a G8 which is really a substitute for the Grand Prix. I don't know maybe it me and I am just naive to think that GM can still build a formidable sporty yet classy machine in America.

Reply to
BooBoo

After learning about the G8 here, I read up about it, and there are rumors that GM may eventually build them in there Oshawa, Canada plant. Rumors, mind you.

Reply to
80 Knight

Something like that was supposed to happen with the GTO too. Didn't happen.

Tom S.

2005 GTO
Reply to
Tom S

I think that's because we (Oshawa) got the Camaro instead.

Reply to
80 Knight

Unless potiac does something quick..they have had it. The Solstice is not going to be their savior. The g6 aint exactly selling lot hotcakes and with that 4 door bodystylye and funny looking coupe there is no wonder why. And though the G6 convertible is the best looking of the bunch many will think twice about spending almst $35k for it with options,tags and taxes.

Reply to
Tyrone Pookie Berkowitz Jr

I liked the convertible better than the rest but for $30k I cant see it. Anyway the better deal is a 2007 SS Monte Carlo 5.3 V8 for about $26k Much much more car for the money.

Reply to
Johnny Cakes

Not yet, but they certainly have made it clear that they intend to have a GTO back on the market in 08. They might be lying, I know. It seems like it's getting awfully close with no spy photos. Firebird people are really leaning on them hot and heavy to build that instead. Maybe they are still undecided.

Reply to
Joe