3.4l Venture Ticking

Hi all: My 97 Venture with 120k km has recently developed a ticking which sounds like one of the lifters. Funny thing is the ticking is absent at start-up and only begins after 10 minutes later. The ticking will last for about 10 minutes and then stop.

So, COLD oil - NO ticking, WARM oil - TICKING, HOT oil - NO ticking During the ticking there seems to be a drop in engine power, I guess a valve not opening.

Any ideas. Thanks

Reply to
TerryU