3.8 liter supercharged hooked to standard trans?

Has anyone hooked a standard rwd trans to the 3.8 motor? I have a kitcar that I would like to put this combo in, but don't know if you can match a

5 spd and flywheel on to the 3.8. Any suggestions?
Reply to
igofasi

Aren't the boltups between the 3800 and the 3800SC the same? the FWD versions use the same transmission, the SC just has a HD trans.

Reply to
Paradox

I am not familiar with this, but are there any rwd 3.8 configurations with

5 spd standard trans?
Reply to
igofasi

1996 and 1997 Firebirds, and maybe more. GW
Reply to
Geoff Welsh

If you're willing to import, Holden (Aust) only just phased out the 3800 Buick donk it had been using in favour of the new HFV6. All Holdens are RWD (well, Commodores which used it anyway) and came standard with a 5-speed Gertrag box, although it seems auto was optioned in about 90% of cases.

A typical place to look might be:

which have a lot of stuff. I would only be looking from models VS to VY inclusive, which used the latest version of the 3800 (known locally as Ecotec).

Hope this helps

Steve Newcastle NSW Aust

99 Holden VT2 S/charged S-pack
Reply to
Steve Magee

GeeDubya, Firebird and CRAPmaro have had the 3800 Buick since 1996. I can't remember for sure but I almost think it was a mid-year change in '95.

Reply to
Dennis Smith