3800 supercharger nose piece removal

This concerns a 95 Buick Park Ave. Got no response in the alt.autos.gm so though I'd try here.

I'm getting ready to remove the supercharger nose piece in order to replace the coupling disk, bearings, and seal. I can see that I will have to do some preliminary removal to get at the nose piece.

The supercharger/AC serpentine belt idler is in the way, so I guess it has to be removed. Problem is, it seems that it's part of a large casting that provides mounts for the alternator and power steering pump. So my question is, where does this end? I.e., what else has to be removed befor I can remove the nose cone?

Also, I assume I have to somehow suck all the oil out of the nose cone or it will gush down the front of the engine when I remove the nose piece. I'm thinking of using a turkey baster or similar. Any other ideas?

TIA

Ed

Reply to
jagerEd