63 Pontiac VIN/chassis number

HELP!!

Can anyone tell me where to find the VIN/chassis number on a 63 Pontiac Laurentian is located?

Can't find mine anywhere.

Thanks

Reply to
David Turney

At that time I think it was located on the cowl (aka firewall) Pop your hood and look around the brake cylinder.

Reply to
Bon·ne·ville

Aught to be on the hinge post, driver's door, on an aluminum plate same as all other GM cars from 1955-1965 or so -

Bill K.

Reply to
Bill K.

Yep.By the door hinges.Running vertically.The plate under the hood is the Data Plate.It does not contain the vin.Just a style number/body number,and that`s not the same..They used that location(by the hinges) up till 68.In 68 Federal law mandated the vin be visible through the windshield.

Reply to
Lazy Lenny