78 Pontiac Lemans

Is there a kit to convert a 305 v8 from a rochester 2 bbl to fuel injection? I need to replace the carburetor and do not want to go back with a carb if there is a kit. The car runs extremely well other than being hard to start cold due to gasket failure in the carburetor.

Thanks TM

Reply to
TM

Either rebuild or replace the carb. Putting FI on will be an expensive proposition.

Reply to
FBR

There is no cheap and easy conversion to FI. It will probably run you around $1000-$1500 to convert and in the end you won't notice much of a difference had you just spent $50 rebuilding the carb.

Reply to
Dennis Smith

The only thing about a carburetted engine, you cannot hook remote start up to them. Unless there is a remote start system I am unaware of.

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.ro

Reply to
TM

There is a kit. Holley makes a kit that they used to call pro-jection. If they still make it, you could find it by going to summitracing.com or jegs.com and looking at the Holley stuff. This kit used to run about $1000. More than the car's worth.

Reply to
Joe

There were remote starting systems years before electronic FI. Hint: Google is your friend.

Reply to
FBR

The older remote start systems had a solenoid for the throttle as I recall. Figuring a TBI would be the simplest and cheapest to retro-fit I did a quick search. Summit has the Holley Commander 950 TBI Kits.

HLY-950-21S 900 cfm, 350 to 500 HP, Commander 950 TBI system $1,399.95 HLY-950-22S 700 cfm, 225 to 400 HP, Commander 950 TBI system $1,349.95 HLY-950-23S 650 cfm, 150 to 300 HP, Commander 950 TBI system $1,359.95

Here's a review:

FBR

Other than the engine, the car has been a full off frame restore and I would like to upgrade the drivetrain. Probably should be in another thread but is there a overdrive tranny that will bolt onto this engine?

Reply to
TM