86 GT feiro blowen head gasket

i have a 86 GT feiro its an V6 and my head gasket is blown. what could i do to fix it with out taken the motor apart???? i have water in the oil so i know its the head gasket . i need some help is the stuff at an auto part store good to use and will it work and hold.

Reply to
godsword101

The only was to fix a blown head gasket is to replace it. Also, you will want to confirm that it is the head Gasket and not a cracked head.

Tom S.

Reply to
Tom S.

Could be a blown gasket, could be a cracked head, could be a bad intake manifold gasket. It really should be taken apart and fixed right.

BUT, I did use a product called "K & W Block Seal" in an old Pontiac V8 that was leaking coolant into the oil. It was frothing oil out the breathers and belching white steam at the exhaust. The K&W plugged the leaks completely and the engine ran for years after that. I wouldn't recommend that for a car you wanted to keep.

If you try it, follow the instructions completely. It's different than the stuff you just dump into the radiator.

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light

correct tear down the engine it does not require you to remove it to do that. If you want it fixed you need to find the real cause not cover it up.

Reply to
Les Benn