88 Gp Tune up.

I need a tune up on my 88 GP. 2.8.How on earth do you get to the spark plugs back by the fire wall ? This is my first front wheel drive auto. Man what ever happened to the days when you could open the hood and see the motor ? One of my buddys said I would have to pull the motor forword to get to the back side plugs.Any help ?

Tom

Reply to
PackFan4

Yeah, you can pull the motor forward but you have to put the tranny in Neutral, unbolt the front engine dog-bones where they meet the car. Then you have to pull the engine forward and bolt the dog-bones back into the part on the car but with the other holes on the dog-bones (does that make sense?). Or you could just be like me and have someone else get to them :P

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

Reply to
PackFan4

It sounds like a little, but once you get into it it's not all that hard...getting the engine to rotate may be, but then you can park it on a hill and let gravity do the job for ya.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

Yeah, and than push your car around and have gravity get the engine back in place.

Reply to
Baudolino