88 Pontiac grand am oil pressure

Hi, i'm curently haveing an oil pressure problem with my grand am. I've replaced the sender for the temp gauge, still no luck. I have replaced the oil pump (had to change the oil pan to match the pump) and yet i still have no oil pressure.

When the car is cold, i have over 40 lbs on my gauge. After you drive it and it warms up it will eventually drop to 0 and the check guage light will flash to draw your attention to the oil pressure.

The car doesn't knock like theres no oil, so i'm stumped as to why it does this. Everything else appears to be ok, I know its leaking some oil on the valve steam seals cus sometimes when you start it up it will burn a little bit of oil.

Reply to
blah

Remove the oil pressure sender and install a mechanical oil pressure gauge and see what the pressure REALLY is when its warmed up. If its really that low at idle with the mechanical gauge then you have excessive crankshaft and/or rod bearing wear and the engine needs to be "rebuilt".

If the oil pressure gauge is good then look at the condition of the wiring going to the dash gauge and possibly replacing the gauge in the dash.

Reply to
Dennis Smith

i'll give that a shot...i belive the crank pulley is somehow bent...atleast thats what this one garage said a long time ago when they replaced the main serpentin belt. However i think they like to try and rip people off.

snipped-for-privacy@somewhere.com

Reply to
blah