91 Firebird Starts When It Wants To ???

I recently got a 91 Firebird, and am now having problems with it starting. There isn't any kind of noise when I turn the key, it just doesn't do anything. With a remote starter it will fire up, and I can also bump start it. I've replaced the neutral safety switch and its still acting up. It seems to only start when it wants to. Any suggestions??? Thanks!

Reply to
91firebird

Any chance that you have an ignition switch problem?

Reply to
Silver Surfer

Is there a flashing "security" light on the instrument cluster? GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh