91 Grand Prix Stalling

91 Grand Prix 4 cyl auto When warm, you stop at a light, then give it some gas to go and it stalls. It will start again OK, but press on the accelerator and it'll keep stalling. you have to let it cool for a while in order to get it going again.

any ideas? thanks in advance

Walt

Reply to
Walt

Had that in a car with distributor and vacuum advance and there the same was caused by the spark advance being too high (hey, I also need pick up with a cold engine). Don't really know how that would be in a car with ECM. Ohh, do you have good spark plugs? If yours run too hot, it will spark quicker. Get your spark plugs out and see if they're the right ones and how they look. Make sure the gap isn't too small.

Otherwise, wanna trade for my 91 Grand Am (doesn't overheat in MN winters!)

Reply to
Baudolino