'91 Pontiac Grand Prix Turn Signal Problem

Nothing happens when I push the turn signal lever on my '91 Grand Prix. I think I need to replace the switch that operates the turn signal but I can't find it. The owner's manual refers to the "forward light electrical center". Can anyone tell me where to find that and if you think I am on the right track to fix my turn signal problem?

Reply to
harris1073

On a '91 Grand Prix the turn signal flasher is under the drivers side dash. There is a panel that comes off with a couple of screws. As for your problem, do you mean nothing at all happens when you use press the turn signal lever? I almost had my turn signal switch inside the steering coloum go once.

Reply to
80 Knight

When I push the hazard light button only the front blinkers blink. The rear blinkers do nothing.

When I push the turn signal lever nothing happens front or back.

I have checked all of the bulbs and they all check out.

I found the access panel under the driver's side dash, but only the hazard light controller is in there.

I still can't find the box that contains the controllers for the turn signals.

The owner's manual states that it is under the hood, but I can't find it.

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks.

Reply to
harris1073

My sister's Cutlass Supreme (basically same as a Grand Prix) does that on occasion. If I press the hazard button down and it doesn't do anything, I can wiggle it and it will usually start to work. The turn signals do the same thing when they feel like it. Try lightly pressing the turn signal lever down (like if you were going to pass someone but didn't want to have to click the blinker off when you were done) and see if that makes it blink. As for the repair, I haven't figured out what it is yet, but I assume it is the turn signal unit inside the steering column. As for the controllers for the turn signal's, they should be under the dash on the driver's side as that's where they were on my '92 and '91 Grand Prix's. The only thing under the hood is the fuse block on the passenger side near the front and the fuel pump fuse.

Reply to
80 Knight