93 Bonnaville ac/clutch

Tried jumping low pressure switch clicked on for about 2 second and then stopped and has power at the clutch is it a bad clutch any way to find out? How hard to change?

Reply to
Todd Schou

if yogot voltage at compressor and its not working its bad. you can get clutch puller at auto zone. easy peazy.

ds549

A GM TECH friend attempted to replace the AC clutch & Pulley on my 91 Bonneville. The rubber seperated from the clutch on mine.

The new GM parts for 91 are redesigned & look different from the originals. He couldn't get the clutch to seat properly, nor would it engage to turn the AC Compressor on. Sadly, he eventually broke of the end of the shaft off in his puller.

For what the pulley and the clutch cost I could of gotten a new compressor and had AC again. ........Oh well.

Good Luck

harryface

05 Park Avenue 43,907 91 Bonneville 307, 119
Reply to
Harry Face