93 Bonneville Idle surging

Okay I had my 93 SE standard Bonneville sitting for 2 months without no startup (I know thats bad..had no choice).

Now its idles really high and sometimes accelerate by itself. Idles highest on park and neutral and Engine light goes on and off throughout the drive as it surges at different rpm levels. Occasionally I have no problems at all. Recently the RPM levels went down and the car cut off while at the light...only happened once though.

Took it to the shop, a bad shop (didn?t know at the time). They changed the Throttle Position sensor, checked for vac leaks, and it still is doing the exact same thing.

Spark plugs, and wires are fairly new...and I had a new ECU installed like 6 months ago. By reading the forum EGR valve could be another possibility. Where is the throttle plate/body also IAC and how can I clean them? I wanna do that first before I take it somewhere...

Lastly after my car running for awhile engine is really hot. TEMP levels i may add is fine and coolant levels are also fine but my d*mn oil dipstick also trans dipstick be too hot too hold...when checking the oil. Like I said the thermostat appears to be working at normal temps from the guage inside my car which is reading on less then half the meter...whats making it hot like that?

thanks in advance.

Reply to
mastdark81

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

dl