93 Pontiac Transmission problem

I have a 93 pontiac Grand-Am v6 auto transmisstion..The problem I am having is..before the car warms up it will go into reverse and drive (I have only backed it up a little and then forward), but after it warms up it will go in reverse but when I shift into drive or the lower gears it will not move and the transmission will make a terrible noise. The fluid was checked and is a 1/2 quart low. When it first started when I put it into gear the car would die but if I gave it a little gas it wouldn't die and it would drive normal. Please any help would be great. Thanks Dawn

Reply to
dawn.cowser

Shep

Sounds like two seperate problems.