'94 Bonne SSEi valve cover

I'm trying to replace the front valve cover gasket and there is a plastic plug-wire holder/tray that covers the 2 bottom bolts. Is there a way of removing or moving the plastic or should I try to take the plug wires out of it and try to work around it?? Any help is appreciated! TIA, Matt

Reply to
Matt

Boy, you mean yours is still connected? Mine pops off due to age & heat warp.

The plastic spark plug wire retainer should just pull straight off, at least they did on the 1991's. The thing slides down on some ear like tabs that are part of the valve cover.

NO need to open the retainer you just want to expose the bolts for the vavle cover. & careful not to overtighten them - those bolts snap rather easy.

Good Luck

Harryface

05 Park Avenue 44, 563 91 Bonneville 307,209
Reply to
Harry Face