94 Buick LeSabre

My 94 LeSabre sometimes stalls when normally driving , and sometimes when at a stop or trafic light. Other times it stalls right after it starts. However, it always starts again. Once in a while it stambles as if it is going to stall. Otherwise it works OK. I don't know if it means anything, but, when it stalls in movement, I put the car in neutral and try to start it but it doesn't turn. I have to stop the car, shift to park and then it will turn and start. However, I think I remember being able to start the car in movement before just by shifting to neutral and turning the key. Recewntly, I have replaced the spark plugs and wires, crankshaft sensor (which didn't fix anything), EGR (which was bad), fuel pressure OK, no error codes present. Any ideas on what may cause the problem? I have noticed that at the junction between the exaust manifold and mufler, the gases escape. The springs are OK, so I think that the gasket is bad. If there is a leak in the mufler will it cause the problem above?

Thank you

Antonio

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Alpha

I'm having the same problem with my car it is a 94 Buick Lesabre just like yours. Having researched the web I've checked out Technical Service Bulletins (TSB) issued by the Manufacturer for 1994 Buick Lesabre but there doesn't to be anything for this year of buick that might point to the problem. HOWEVER, Buicks of other models of the same year have TSBs (Skylark, Rivera) for fuel pressure problems. You can check this out yourself by going to google.com and putting in 'Buick', '1994', and 'Technical Service Bulletin'. I suspect problem is one of fuel pressure, fuel is not getting to the engine somehow. Could be fuel pump or something else. Check this out:

It's not much but hope it helps.

Alpha wrote:

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Bug

This is similar to my dad's '94 Bonny. We replaced the PCM under the passenger dashboard.

This is fixed the problem. It might be the same since it is the same symptoms.

Good luck

Jim

Bug wrote:

jim