94 Buick LeSabre problem

My 94 LeSabre runs well and smoothly, except: Almost always after it has run for a while and therefore has wormed up, it will hesitate as if running out of gas or spark plugs aren't firing. It kind of stumbles. Sometimes the engine stops for half a second and then works OK again, other times it does this several times in the space of 2 or 3 seconds, then it will work OK. Rarely, it will stall when stoped at a trafic light or starting to go from it. Even more (very) rarely, it will stop when going. However, it will always start right after the stalling and work OK.

A month ago I replaced the EGR because there was a trouble code present. It's OK now. The fuel presure is OK. No error codes present. Several days ago I cleaned the back of the ignition module (under the distributorless ignition coils?) and for 2 days I thought the problem was fixed, then, it happened again.

Any ideas on what may be causing this?

Thank you

Antonio

Reply to
Alpha One

Maybe the crank sensor.

Reply to
Bon·ne·ville

I replaced the crank sensor a few weeks ago. The car already was having problem. No luck.

Reply to
Alpha One

Reply to
Bon·ne·ville

Have you checked/replaced the MAF? If it goes intermittent it can cause the engine to go either rich or lean sporadically, and the computer attempts to counteract it by O2 correction. Occaisionally it will trip a code for adaptive lean, or whatever, but often will not. The 3.8 in my TransSport exhibited the same tendancy, and I finally put a used MAF in out of desparation. It's been almost 2 months now - and no problem.

Reply to
clare

I disconected the MAF sensor and it continued with the problem. But I will try it again.

distributorless

Reply to
Alpha One

This is interesting. I have a 94 Buick Lesabre also and I am getting the exact same problem, it just started doing hesitating and stalling the last 2 weeks, after it warms up, it is OK. I did a little research and from I read on the web so far this is not unusual for this car, replacing the spark plugs and ignition wires will usually correct it. I will try that before just to eliminate that as the primary source.

Reply to
Bug