'94 Firebird problem

I have a '94 firebird that has started running rough. I replaced all of the plugs and plug wires. I also replaced the EGR valve. However, when driving, the car idles rough and when on the highway when it shifts down to overdrive the whole car starts shaking when the gas pedal is pressed. Once you give it enough gas to get out ov overdrive it stops shaking. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. TIA

Reply to
Sonic Temple

Torque converter going bad? Does it stall when you stop?

Reply to
Tj

you have changed the obvious, so try to look deeper. this will also mean deeper in the pockets. 1) gas pump 2) distributor 3) or maybe its the tourque convertor (least likely). i had the same issue with my 95. the car would idle low and rough and when trying to accelerate it seemed to not be hitting on all cylinders. after i replaced the distributor it all went away. if your hoses are leaking, even a little liquid may get to the distributor and destroy it. the problem is definitly serious so i would get to work right away. take off the front bumber cover and remove the radiator (from this position you isolate the motor and hoses).note all the hoses and there condition. then check the distrubutor, make sure its dry and all in tact (no wires loose or corroded). remember once a distibutor is shot it is shot for good.so it can still be dry and be broke, just use common sense.its a few hours, but simple, to the point. and if you spend a day digging up the site and come up with nada, i would just get it the pros. they may rip ya but they?ll fix ya.

Reply to
outlawspeedracer