94 grand am engine shakes! erratically

Hello there i recently bought a 94 grand am and latly its been doing wierd things like... when u the car is in park, or neutral and u floor the gas or push it about half way down the engine rev up then cuts out revs up cuts out, really quikly..any ideas??

Reply to
wes_mess

Don't do that!

Reply to
Scott Buchanan

i was thinking plug wires and plugs,,, but i would think if they are bad it wold miss while driving also.

ds549

Reply to
Shep

about to say that, should be around 4k

Reply to
M.C. Tee

well i know your not supposed to rev it that high, but the engine shouldnt be doing that... i replaced coils wired, and module but not the computer???

Reply to
wes_mess

forgot to meniton its also doing it when yoru drivien when u hit the rev on the highway... about 120kmh the engine actaulyl starts breakin and accelarating, exactly liek when its in park..

Reply to
wes_mess

nothing you replace will stop that, its a safety feature built into the computer, so that you dont blow your engine. Basically what is happening is once you hit about 4k, the computer shuts off the fuel causing the rpms to drop down alittle, then the computer restores the fuel. If you want to rev higher, get a manual transmission, there is no need to rev an automatic in park or neutral

Reply to
M.C. Tee

Sell it, it's either haunted or has a bad muffler cletus valve. Look what it's done to you already, sucked all your brains out.

Reply to
FBR

foudn the problem it was the computer, the computer was turning the neutral, park limiter on when i was in drive.... i got one a puck n pull.. for 15 bucks put it in no more shakeing in drive...thanks for the help :)

Reply to
wes_mess

Hi there,

I'm experiencing the same issue, with the ups and down reving of the car.... and like you said, it happens in park, neutral and in the D too. And the surprising thing is it happens once in a week, and then goes away.

I've been trying to figure it out... and frankly I'm very willing to try your solution. Can I kindly enquire what is a puck n pull? and where can I get it? In addition, if you don't mind, how must I install it.

Your help and understanding on this issue is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Tantor.

Reply to
Tantor

i hope i didnt make that spelling mistake,,, its called pick n pull, i donno if u have one there it basically a scrap yard that u pick what u need at take them out of vehicle, in my case i had to go and get a computer for mine, the computer was sending msgs to the car that it is in neutral/park therefore shakeing the engine. hope it works for u .

p.s the computer is the silver box located on the passenger side right above where u keep your feet. disconnect your battery, there is airbag sensors everywhere be sure not to unplug one. Hopr i helped :D goodluck

Reply to
wes_mess