94 grand am fuel problem??

my car has been hesitating on acceleration and when i come to a stop it stalls on me. if i keep tring to start my car and go it seems to over heat. also when im accelerating it revs really high but doesnt seem to go much faster. i've changed my spark plugs and wires as well as my fuel filter. Do i need to change my injectors?? fuel pump?? i also put in gas treatment, because i think thats how this problem started is with some bad gas. please i need HELP.

Reply to
meagan

The car has an onboard computer that stores error codes, get the codes read and find out what might be going wrong. Sounds like it might be clogged cat converter along with collapsing radiator hose and bad crank and or O2 sensor. If they read the codes they might be able to narrow it down some.

Reply to
john graesser

Those old 4 cylinder engines used to crack heads. Probably time for a new engine or head.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Reply to
meagan

Your old 8 cylinder car may not need a code reader. Its either is obdi or obdi.5. If its obdi you don't need a code reader. If its obdi.5 you won't find a code reader. In either case, the modules store the codes. The light does not have to be on.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

The way the code reader works on my 93 bonneville is after you plug the reader into the port under the steering wheel, the engine light flashes a certain number of times (there are some other steps that come with the reader about ignition on, etc.). The codes are based on the number of engine light flashes. So, you engine light doesn't need to be one to read the codes, but the engine light needs to work.

I suspect that if there were actual error codes be> i went to buy a code reader for my car since i can not drive it any

Reply to
Steve K