94 grand am remote starter

Are there any kits, or ignition harness adaptors available, so I don't have to cut the wires to the ignition harness for a remote starter..

Reply to
Allen C

Allen,

Just installed one on the wife's Grand Cherokee. Was worried about the cutting of wires myself, but then I watched the video that came with the unit "just for the he!! of it". Learned this method - remove about

3/8-1/2" of insulation without cutting through the copper wire. Spread the wire strands apart with a small screwdriver, insert the wire from your remote starter through the strands wrap it around a few times and then twist it back around itself a few more times - or better yet, solder it. Wrap with decent (3m) electrical tape.

Howard

Reply to
HDD